Samsung Electronics announced today the Galaxy A9 Pro with an Infinity-O screen, which replaces the typical line of the screen with a circular camera cut. Beyond the screen department, the Galaxy A9 Pro also has the same specifications as the Galaxy A8s.
The average device displays a 19.5: 9 aspect ratio display due to camera cutoff. Among other things, it has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal space. The device receives power from a 3,400 mAh battery, while Samsung promises to launch the phone with a 10,000mAh battery pack for customers subscribing to Samsung’s program before March 31st.
As to the optics, the Galaxy A9 Pro boasts a triple camera configuration on the back with a 24MP main sensor, a 10MP 2x optical zoom lens and a 5MP depth sensor. On the front is a 24MP camera.
Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro (2019) specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LCD display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs) with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB RAM, 128 GB Storage, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM
- 24MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, 10MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture and 5MP f/2.2 depth camera
- 24MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimension: 158.4×74.9×7.4mm; Weight: 173g
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80, Bluetooth v5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery with adaptive fast charging
The phone will be available from February 28, apparently starting in South Korea. It will come in Absolute Black, Black, and Blue options and will be sold for about $534.