What are the very basic concepts that you need to know about the shape of a circle?
The circle is considered to be a curved plane figure and every point of the circle will be equidistant from the particular point which is known as the centre of the circle. The circle is a two-dimensional shape and can be perfectly measured in terms of radius. The circle is one of the best possible shapes available in the world of mathematics and always makes sure that everyone will be having a good command of it because of the simplicity associated with it. Following are some of the very basic parts of the circle which everybody needs to know so that they can implement the formulas associated with the circle very correctly:
- The circumference is known as the perimeter of circle and this will be the distance around the boundary of the circle.
- The radius of the circle is the distance from the centre to any point of the boundary of the circle and a circle can have several kinds of radius from the centre to the boundary at different points.
- Diameter is known as the straight line that will be passing through the centre and will be connecting to points on the boundary of the circle without any kind of issue.
- The chord of the circle is known as the line segment that will be touching the circle at two different points on the boundary
- Secant into the circle is known as the line that will be intersecting two points on the arc or the circumference
- Segment into the circle is known as the area which has been enclosed by the chord as well as the corresponding arc into the circle. There are two types of the segment which will be the minor segment and the major segment.
- The sector of the circle is defined as the area which has been enclosed by two radii as well as the corresponding arc of the circle. There are different kinds of sectors for example the minor sector and the major sector.
Following are some of the very basic properties which kids need to know so that they have a better understanding of the shape of a circle:
- Two circles are always congruent if they will be having the same radius
- Equal chords are always an equal distance from the centre of the circle
- The perpendicular bisector of the chord are going to be passing through the centre of the circle
- When two circles will be intersecting the line connecting the intersecting points will be perfectly perpendicular to the line connecting their centre points
- Tangent can be easily drawn at the point where the diameter will be meeting the circle and will be parallel to each other
- Two circles are said to be tangent circles if they will be touching each other at exactly one point in the whole process.
Apart from all the above-mentioned points, kids need to be clear about the circle formulas in the form of the perimeter of the circle, area of a circle, arc length, circumference, length of code, area of a segment and several other kinds of related things so that there is no issue at any point of time and they can solve the questions very successfully. The circle is one of the most commonly used shapes in the day to day life which is the main reason that possessing a good command over the basic implementation of formulas is very much important. Apart from this having a good hold over the circle concepts like radius, diameter and several other kinds of things as mentioned above is equally important for kids to become successful in terms of fetching good marks in exams. Hence, depending upon platforms like Cuemath is the best way of becoming successful in this area and scoring well in exams.