A few days after the launch of the iPhone 12 on October 13, OnePlus unveiled the OnePlus 8T
Both phones will be available from October 23 and will compete to seduce new buyers. The price for both smartphones is more or less the same, while the iPhone 12 costs $799 for the base model, the OnePlus 8T comes for a price of $749 – there is practically only $50 that separates these two devices. So a comparison of the specifications and features of these close competitors – iPhone 12 and OnePlus 8T was inevitable, writes slashgear.
Design and screen
- The OnePlus 8T comes with a 6.55-inch AMOLED display, 2,400 x 1,080 (20:9) and 120Hz refresh rate.
- The iPhone 12 has a 6.1-inch OLED screen with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and a resolution of 1170 x 2532 (at 457 PPI).
Performance and battery life
- OnePlus 8T comes with Snapdragon 865. Performance in everyday use should be better as Snapdragon 865 has abundant power. Its battery is 4,500mAh.
- Apple’s A14 Bionic chip that supplies the iPhone 12 will be ahead of the Qualcomm SoC on the OnePlus 8T. Based on the 5nm production process, it should come with better processing power and battery management. This gives the iPhone 12 a huge advantage when compared to the OnePlus 8T. The iPhone 2 comes with a 2,815mAh battery.
- The OnePlus 8T has a quad-camera configuration on the back, including a 48MP main with f/1.7 aperture size and 0.8 μm pixel size. The camera uses pixel scoring, combining 4 pixels into one for 12 MP photography, suitable for low light photography.
- The iPhone 12 has a 12MP main camera with a wide aperture f1.6 1.4 μm pixels that promises a good picture in all light conditions.
OnePlus has an ultra-wide 16MP camera while the iPhone has an ultra-wide 12MP camera.
Price and storage options
The OnePlus 8T will be available in 12 GB RAM and 256 GB storage for $749. On the other hand, the iPhone 12 will be available in three configurations. The base model with 4 GB RAM/64 GB storage will cost $799. 4 GB RAM/256 GB, costs $949. Even the 4 GB RAM/128 GB version of the iPhone 12 costs $849, which is $ 100 more than the OnePlus 8T version.
- OnePlus 8T has a strategic advantage in the form of a 65W fast charge, 120Hz refresh rate and fast overall performance with Android 11 and OxygenOS11 radically improved.
- On the other hand, the iPhone comes with the advanced A14 Bionic chip which has superior performance as opposed to the Snapdragon 865, protective screen, wireless charging, water and dust resistance with IP68 rating and better video shooting capability.
Where should go your money?
- Both devices are excellent. The OnePlus 8T is a worthy update to the OnePlus 8, but it loses some things that could have made it a great ‘killer’.
- The iPhone 12, on the other hand, is a radical update from the iPhone 11 in every sense and thrives in quite a few departments like processing power, cameras and overall design.
So, this time, the iPhone 12 is a slightly better bet than the OnePlus 8T.