Losing your virginity is a right of passage for many people. In the days before birth control was readily available, women often waited until marriage before doing the deed to ensure that if a child was conceived, they would be born into a stable and loving family.
But those days are gone, and, with the exception of those who are religious, most people lose their virginities long before they are married. This often happens when they are teenagers, and it’s usually a disappointing affair, especially if they sleep with another virgin.
Whilst some people are lucky and end up losing their virginity to someone they love, this is often not the case, and it can be a source of regret. Virginity is special because it can only be given away once, and now people are seeking to profit from it.
Instead of regretting a bittersweet fumbling in the backseat of a car, a small number of girls are opting to sell their virginity to the highest bidder. Female virginity is revered in a way that male virginity is not, and some are willing to pay a lot for the privilege.
Even in the modern world, prostitution is still taboo, but the women who are selling their virginities online claim that it is an empowering decision, which will provide them with money that they will use wisely – by, for example, paying college tuition fees.
One of the women selling their virginity online is 19-year-old model American Giselle, pictured above. She used the notorious Cinderella Escorts website to auction off her cherry. Cinderella Escorts is an agency that’s exclusively dedicated to women who want to sell their virginities.
Those who advertise on the website have to be certified as “pure” by a doctor before being listed.
Giselle sold her virginity for a staggering $3 million on the website to a businessman from Abu Dhabi, but the second highest bidder was reportedly a Hollywood actor who was willing to pay $2.8 million for the privilege.
I would never have dreamed that the bid would rise so high and we would have reached 2.5 million euros. This is a dream come true,” Giselle said of the sale, and then added, “I think the trend to sell your virginity is a form of emancipation.
18-year-old Russian model Alexandra Khefren, pictured above, also sold her virginity on the website.
In Germany, where Cinderella Escorts is based, prostitution is legal.Giselle plans to use the money wisely and has said that she is going to not only travel the world but buy a house and pay her college fees.
The businessman will reportedly have to pay 40% of the cost upfront and then the remaining 60% of the cost at the point of sale. For her safety, Giselle will be accompanied by security to the meeting.
Khefren went on the British TV show This Morning to defend her decision to sell her virginity.
“If I want to spend my first time with someone who is not my first love, that’s my decision,” Giselle said, in reference to those who have criticized her.
“The fact that women can do what they want with their bodies and have the courage to live their sexuality free against the critics sets a sign for emancipation.”
Giselle also made a point of saying, “In retrospect, how many would probably give up their first time if they could have 2.5 million Euros instead?”The agency, however, will be taking a 20% cut of Giselle’s earnings.She revealed that she had always planned to sell her virginity, but decided to use an agency because it was safer.
“On our website, you will find a video where girls from all over the world talk about the reasons to sell their virginity,” a Cinderella Escorts spokesperson said. “[T]he high bidding for Giselle’s auction shows us how high the demand for virgins is. Business people from all over the world have been bidding.”
Giselle explains why she decided to sell her virginity in this video:
We hope that Giselle remains happy with her decision to sell her virginity in the years to come.