Motorola has just unveiled the successor to the last year’s Moto Z2 Play, the Moto Z3 Play. The device comes with support for Moto mods as seen from the first gen Moto Z. The Z3 play also allows attaching Mods at the rear of the device via POGO pins. The smartphone will be available in the US market starting at $499.
Coming to the specs, the Z3 Play sports a 6.01-inch edge-to-edge Full HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display along with gorilla glass 3 protection, it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor clocked at 1.8GHz, Adreno 509 GPU. There are two variants to choose from – 32GB or 64GB storage, both of them come with 4GB of RAM. Users can also expand the storage up to 2TB using microSD cards. The device is running on Android 8.1 Oreo and is packed with a 3000mAh battery with Turbocharge support. As seen in many other Moto smartphones, this also comes with a water-repellent coating that helps protect the phone inside and out.
In the camera system, there is a 12 MP+5MP dual rear camera, the primary 12MP lens comes with a f/1.7 aperture, 1.4um, and the secondary 5MP lens comes with Dual Autofocus Pixel (pDAF), Color Correlated Temperature (CCT) dual LED flash, Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL), the rear camera can record up to 4K Ultra HD (30 fps), Timelapse video, Slow motion video, Video face filters. There is an 8 MP front facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um, wide-angle 84° lens, and screen flash. Moto has taken Sony’s route and now the Z3 Play comes with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. Other features include 4G LTE, 3.5mm audio, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU, NFC, and Type-C USB.
Moto Z3 Play Specs
- 6.01-inch edge-to-edge Full HD+ 18:9 display, gorilla glass 3 protection
- 1.8Ghz Snapdragon 636 Processor, Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32/64GB storage, sd card support up to 2TB
- 12 MP+5MP dual rear camera, f/1.7 aperture, 1.4um, Dual Autofocus Pixel (pDAF), Color Correlated Temperature (CCT) dual LED flash, Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL)
- 8 MP front facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12um, wide-angle 84° lens, screen flash
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Side fingerprint scanner
- 3000mAh battery, Turbocharge support
- Water-repellent coating
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU, NFC, and Type-C USB.
- Thickness: 6.75 mm and Weight: 156g