My Journey to get PgMP Program management Certification
PMI is a short acronym for Project Management Institute, and it comprises various certifications as well as courses that are based on project management. Some of the famous certifications that are offered by PMI are PMI – ACP, PgMP, PMI – CAMP, PMP, etc. Of all the existing certifications, which provide a wide range of options in certifications regarding project management, the PgMP certification has been deemed the best to date due to its simplicity, the lesser requirements, cost-effectiveness, and easier cracking of job interviews with the certification. Below are thus the details of the examination and the top 10 tips that would help for clearing the certification examination.
PgMP, which stands for Program Management Professional, is a certification provided by the PMI to several individuals wanting to pursue a career in project management. It is a programmer level certification, which is ideal for candidates who want to start their project management career. It is one of the most basic courses among all the certifications in project management. This course can be taken up by individuals working on any project or with a team involved in the project.
A PGMP certification will increase your chances of getting recruited by employers, especially around the US, where it is one of the most preferred certifications along with PMP. This can help in making your employer believe that you are a hard-working and committed person in nature. This also gives you an extra edge over other non-certified candidates as it introduces you to the industry norms, terminologies, and environment. You will learn how to manage and process time and how to value individual skills. However, this is a very basic certification as we move up the ladder to get into higher management positions, those positions demand higher-level certifications, which cannot be provided by just having the experience of being PGMP certified.
Before opting for such a brand certification, one must be clear about the long hour of examination that needs to be passed successfully in order to crack through the exam. This will, however, lead to several aspects that must not be ignored if the PGMP certification is really a dream certification for the candidates who are aspiring for it. Let us study the exam structure well so that we can get an overview of what the framework is all about.
Exam Structure of the PgMP
The exam structure of the PgMP is quite straightforward and seeks no alluring requirements for the same. The points given below will enlighten the exact path for the PgMP exam.
- The exam comprises a total of 120 questions, which are of multiple type choices and need to be correctly answered.
- There are exactly 20 questions that will not be counted in the mark sheet if they are correct or wrong.
- The total duration for completion of the exam is set at 3 hours.
- Just to make sure that there are no negative outcomes of the publishing of the results, the PMI does not produce any public results. Rather it has marked the pass percentage to be between 65-70%.
- The candidates have the facility of bringing blank papers, which they can use in order to calculate some questions that require heavy analysis as well as mathematical skills.
Now let us have a detailed as well as analytical look at the tips for the PgMP exam.
- With enough time in hand, one must be thorough in what he or she is dedicating time to. This can be either the study hour or the personal time for any activities for recreation. But when the topic of PGMP certification pops up, one must quite clearly aim at believing that he or she can easily crack this without any chance of getting negative feedback or unexpected outcomes at the completion of the same. No path should be left uncovered, and no method should be left untouched.
Last-minute rush has never been beneficial and will not be beneficial in this case too. Those who rush at the last minute prove their worth as a candidate who does not deserve to sit in the exam. This should be strictly avoided, and all the positive measures should be taken so that the guidelines are met, and on the final day of appearing the paper, the aspirant enters as well as leaves the exam hall with pride in his or her walk. This will show the body language and indirectly the impact on the results.