3 Tips to Spruce Up Your Dorm Room
Your dorm room is your home away from home, so make it a space that you enjoy spending time in. Granted, this can be tricky in a college dorm room, but it’s not impossible! Here are three tips to help you spruce up your dorm room.
Furniture is one of the most important things to consider when sprucing up your dorm room. When choosing, you want furniture that is both stylish and functional.
A sofa or bean bag chair is a great way to add seating to your room without taking up too much space. A small desk or table can be used for studying or as a surface to put your TV on. If you have the space, a dresser is also a good idea so you can keep your clothes organized. Then, your bed is one of the most important pieces of furniture in your dorm room, so make sure it’s comfortable! Invest in some good sheets and a cozy comforter or duvet. Adding some pillows with fun pillowcases is also a great way to personalize your space.
Once you have the basics taken care of, it’s time to start decorating. Decorating can be expensive, but if you buy from thrift stores, garage sales, and small businesses on the internet you can decorate on a budget. Adding some wall art is a great way to make your room feel more like home. Posters, photos, and tapestries are all good options. You can also add some plants or candles to create a more relaxing atmosphere. When choosing your decor, make sure to choose items that reflect your personality. This will help you feel more comfortable in your space.
Last but not least, storage is crucial in a dorm room. You want to be able to keep your things organized so you don’t have to live out of a suitcase.
Here are essential storage tips:
Organizing your closet is easy.
- Use clear plastic storage bins to organize your clothes by season. This will assist you to build the foremost of the house in your closet
- Hang a shoe organizer on the back of your door to store shoes, belts, and other accessories.
- Invest in a garment rack to hang dresses and other items that wrinkle easily.
Desks can get messy. Here’s how to organize yours.
- Use desk organizers to keep your supplies sorted.
- A corkboard or whiteboard can be hung on the wall above your desk to provide a place to put up notes and reminders.
- A bulletin board can also be used to display photos and other mementos.
Under the bed
This is a great place to store out-of-season clothes or items that you don’t need to access daily. Under-bed storage bins are also great for storing extra bedding, towels, and other linens. Your dorm room won’t make the cover of architectural digest, but it doesn’t have to be an eyesore. By following these tips, you can turn your dorm room into a space that you love.