How to Protect My Mac from Malware?
The questions about protecting Mac devices from malware have become hot topics lately because nowadays, malware is on the rise and it doesn’t stop. In this article, we’re going to talk about the main symptoms of malware on the Mac and the best ways to keep the computer safe from this virus.
Over the years, people are interested in the best malware protection for Mac because they want to keep their devices clean and safe and avoid viruses. Some Mac users even still think their computers are fully protected from malware but unfortunately, this is not true. In contrast, hackers choose Macs as their favorite targets lately, so it’s quite important to know how to protect your computer from attacks.
First of all, let’s discover the main symptoms that can tell you that the Mac has malware. Even if you see just one point from the following, you should get worried.
- The Mac becomes to work slowly and you notice that pages need more time to load. There may be other signs like slow cursor and overheating. It looks like something takes power from your processor, making it slower.
- While you surf the Internet, you may be suddenly redirected to a website you didn’t search for.
- When you visit your favorite sites, you are always redirected to unknown spam webpages.
- You see random pop-up windows and ads on your screen even if there are no programs to run on your device.
- Websites are covered with a pile of ads, even those sites where you haven’t used to see so much advertising.
Even if you have one or more of these symptoms, do not start to panic. Of course, this can not be malware because there are many reasons why the Mac runs slower.
How to Protect the Device from Malware
If you are sure that your device is infected with malware, please follow the next steps:
- Avoid typing passwords. If there is a keylogger on your Mac, a hacker can steal your passwords easily. Do not type passwords if you suspect you may have malware on the device.
- Stay offline. This is the best way to stop malware because it works only when you’re connected to a network. Of course, it’s not so easy to follow this tip because you need to be connected to the Internet even just to download a reliable antivirus program.
- Contact the bank. If you already paid scammers, please inform your bank about this and follow their recommendations. It will help to stop hackers because your bank can block your card.
- If it’s possible, shut down your device and restore the system from a recent backup. It’s quite important to create backups constantly because you never know when and where it can be needed.
- Update your passwords. You have to update all your passwords regularly even if your Mac has no viruses. This is a good way to protect the device from hackers’ attacks and increase its security.
- Download a reliable program to scan the Mac for viruses. A good antivirus will keep your device safe from malware as well as boost up its performance.
Keep your Mac safe from malware and other viruses using these simple but very effective hints. We do hope it works out, and your device will be fully protected from hackers’ attacks every time you’re surfing the Internet.